Harrison’s Cave is a massive underground cave stream system located in the central uplands of Barbados.
Its large caverns and phenomenal crystallised formations make this world-class attraction, the unmatched beauty of the Caribbean and truly a must see when on vacation.
Choose from three distinct exploration options to select the level of caving immersion that’s perfect for you:
- The family-friendly – Tram Tour
- The adventure seeker – Eco-Adventure Tour
- The slower paced – Walk-In Tour
It’s an entirely new world to discover in one attraction!
Annual Public Closures: Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Kadooment Day (1st Monday in August) & Christmas Day.
- Footwear: As a matter of safety, all visitors should note that the appropriate foot wear including sneakers/ trainers, should be worn on tour, as both the in cave and gully terrain is undulated and may become wet. Visitors taking the Eco-Adventure tour are recommended to wear trainers or water shoes as you will be partially submersed in water and travel through watery passages during your tour.
- Change of Clothing: A change of clothing and toiletries are recommended for the Eco-Adventure tour. Lockers, showers and bathroom facilities are provided on site.
- Camera /Video camera: Photography is allowed on all tours, however in cave lighting is limited and dim throughout the cave. Souvenir photos CDs are available for purchase on the Eco-Adventure tour. Souvenir 5x7 photos are also available on site.
- Cave Showers: Harrison’s Cave is a living, active cave; as such, visitors will experience periodic dripping from the cave ceiling throughout their tour. This will apply for all in cave tours including the Tram tour, Eco-Adventure tour, Walk-In Cave tour.
- Safety: Visitors are asked to comply with the instructions of the tour guides throughout their tour experience. Visitors will need to be able to navigate a ladder, travel through water, climb and crawl at some points during the Eco-Adventure tour.
- Equipment: On the Eco-Adventure tour, visitors will traverse the natural cave environment and will be provided with helmets, head lamps, elbow and knee guards.
- Check-in: All guests travelling by independent transport are required to check-in 30 minutes prior to their scheduled tour time.
- Transport: Round trip transfers are an optional extra and available to and from most hotels on the South and West Coast. If required please advice when reserving your booking with us.